Libseccomp 2.3.0 Released29 Feb 2016 tags: seccomp
We’ve just released a new version of libseccomp, libseccomp version 2.3.0. The libseccomp library provides an easy to use, platform independent interface to the Linux enhanced syscall filtering mechanism.
This new version of libseccomp builds upon the previous release and should be a drop-in replacement for the 2.x releases. All users are encouraged to upgrade to the new version at their earliest convenience.
Changes in the 2.3.0 release include:
- Added support for the s390 and s390x architectures
- Added support for the ppc, ppc64, and ppc64le architectures
- Update the internal syscall tables to match the Linux 4.5-rc releases
- Filter generation for both multiplexed and direct socket syscalls on x86
- Support for the musl libc implementation
- Additions to the API to enable runtime version checking of the library
- Enable the use of seccomp() instead of prctl() on supported systems
- Added additional tests to the regression test suite
Finally, thank you to everyone who has submitted suggestions, provided testing help, and contributed patches to the project.